The top tips for healthy allergy management
1. A natural way to support a healthy allergy response can include effective and fast acting herbs. Bacial skullcap, Rehmania, Eyebright and Elderflower can all provide comprehensive allergy support in those times of extra need and help shake off that blocked or stuffy nose, itchy eyes and tickly throat.
If we use them daily during the times of increased pollen count they can help support a healthy immune response and defence. Also, our allergy response is related to the health of our immune system and gut microbiome.
2. Keeping our gut healthy, helps a balanced immune response, including prebiotic foods, think yoghurt, sauerkraut, and kefir. High fibre, plant-based foods like leek, broccoli, and fruits with skins - pears, and apples, or berries all help with a prebiotic effect. Prebiotic foods help for a better probiotic effect with our supplements, acting as healthy fuel for the probiotics.
3. Staying indoors in the morning can help, as pollen count is usually at its highest early morning.
4. Keeping windows and doors closed can help for allergy sufferers during the worse months of year such as spring time.
5. Vacuuming with a hepa filter can help, with getting on top of dust and pollen and mould spores in the surrounding environment.
Using natural anti-histamine ingredients such as quercetin, bioflavonoids and vitamin C can act on histamine levels and help a healthy immune response.
With some vital ingredients and top tips, supporting a healthy allergy response in to spring is an essential part of the seasonal change for those affected, alongside soothing and supporting their allergy signs. During the time of year which is often the hardest for those afflicted with seasonal allergies with key herbs and nutrients for extra spring time immune support.
Check out Part 1 of the blog